Sunday, July 17, 2011

Is it this bad that I can't find a job (2011)?

[I miss working at Martin Brower and Valspar] I been laid off since October of 2010 and I knew it was coming because the same issue happen to a previous warehouse I worked at, Martin Brower(2005). Last year I worked for Valspar a Plant/DC site that lost the Walmart account. So that means a decrease in the work load and less money for the company. When I first I heard that we were losing the account during the meeting it was a flashback for me all over again when I was worked for Martin Brower it a similar situation because they lost the Quiznos account so that's how I knew. Some of the employees had no clue because they never been laid before and some had very few warehouse experience. It took about a month before the company announce what was really going to happen during the process of losing the Walmart account and everyone had their own ideas of what was going to happen but I knew differently someone was gettin' laid off and majority of times they go by seniority. It just tough looking for work right now. It's tough in general for me, just life period. I just have to say something because I am tired of being beat down when I'm trying my best to make my life better, **** happens. Growing up was a **** hole for me and still is... Can't I just find a decent job that will help me pay my bills and help me save for my future? I can't even go to school because that requires money, Money, Money, Money. Right now I am living in a low-income studio and my only income is my unemployment benefit and that won't even last. I just want to go to work and go to school part time like I did in the previous years. Is there anyone else who is the same boat as me? I been looking and drive around. I even applied at probably 6-7 different counties in the bay area and in the valley of California.The worst part is I live in Stockton, California now, I mean I had to move back here again after the lay off. Stockton is all bad, I lived here for about 20+ years so I know what I am talking about when it comes to employment in this corrupt city. I tried various website, you name it, I applied and registered. Sometimes what I do is drive around and write on a piece of paper the name company that I can find and come back home and apply online and at time I do go to the front clerk and ask for application and majority of times they would they have an online application on their website. Or I would google for example "warehouse distribution center, California" and list of companies would pop up and I would apply and send a resume to all of them. I would look through out Sacramento County, San Joaquin County, Bay Area Counties just looking for any jobs that I feel that I qualify. I made account with Careerbuilder.com, Indeed, Caljobs.ca.gov, etc.. It goes on. The main thing I see most are jobs that require a certificate or degree. I have none so it is going to be a challenge for me. Other than just warehouse jobs, I do look for other types of jobs like: production worker, material handler, truck driver assistant, merchandiser, store associates, etc. Please feel free to give some pointers and feel free to tell your side of the story if you are going through the same thing. Thank you and bless those who are struggling not just looking for work but struggling with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment